What are these?
OOCSS was proposed by Nicole Sullivan, SMACSS was proposed by Jonathan Snook.
What are these concept?
Once create html objects and can be reused into the site.
- We have to sepalate some components in html elements e.g. (headings, lists, text treatments and links, containers, media, grids, and template.)
- We will make style each components.
- It make components reduce dependence in html elements.
- Style become more reusable.
- CSS size is more less.
- HTML size is more large. ( Because of using more css classes.) > But it is not important, because file size increasing is smaller than whole of data size.
What I should
- separete container and contents style.
- separate structure and skin style.
- use multi these classes ( container, contents, structure and skin style )
- separate style following categories > * base -> base css e.g. reset style etc.. > * layout -> divide section. include some modules > * modules -> reusable parts e.g. slidebar ,callouts, button > * state -> how modules or layout is looked in particular state e.g. hover, active, hide, expand, smaller, bigger > * theme -> ditto ( same as above )
What I ought not
- It should avoid to use ID selector and
!importantkeyword as much as possible. (Because ID selector elements is much stronger than class elements. We can override other style it.)